- The intent of this phase of the proxy functionality is to facilitate the assessment process by allowing certain personnel, with appropriate security roles, the ability to assess on behalf of other personnel.
- Company Settings - There is a company wide setting to enable/disable proxy which defaults to off. Navigate to Admin Functions > Configuration > Settings, and in the Features Tab, the Enable Proxy setting controls whether proxy functionality is accessible.
- Security Role Settings - There is a security role setting for proxy functionality. Navigate to Admin Functions > Security > Security Roles, and under the Administration tab, within Security, there are settings to enable Proxy.
- Once the company setting has been enabled and the security role settings have been enabled, any user with the assigned security role will have access to proxy on behalf of those within their purview for assessment purposes.
- Defining Proxy Users:
- Proxy functionality will make use of existing functionality to define the list of proxy users within your purview including: User relationships, Assessor Matrix, and User Security Filters.
- Manual Proxy Relationship - We have included a Proxy user relationship type for any ad-hoc proxy needs. This allows for creation of individual proxy relationships that are not part of any of the above existing structures. Tor create a new proxy relationship, navigate to Admin Functions > User Management > User Relationships. Select a user, set the assessor type as proxy, then select the subordinate user, and click save.
- Performing Proxy:
- To proxy, a user with the appropriate security role would select the Proxy selection from the drop-down list under their email in the top right side of the system. This would display a pop-up which allows you to search for users available to proxy. Once you have selected a user, click the Perform Proxy button. This redirects you to the Proxy user’s view of the Team matrix or Individual Profile depending on their purview.
- For this phase of the Proxy functionality, we have only enabled access to the Team Matrix and individual profile, specifically the Status Overview and Individual Matrix tabs
- When conducting an assessment or self-assessment on behalf of another user, the assessment form will store information for both users to allow for auditability. Example: John Doe (proxied by Alfredo Perez (aperez))
- This new functionality is intended to visualize the data changes within the system in an easy to consume format.
- Security Role Setting - To enable the Audit Workbench, Navigate to Admin Functions > Security > Security Roles > Administration Tab, Expand the Database Function and select the View option for Audit Workbench
- Navigate to Admin Functions > Database > Audit Workbench to access the new functionality
- Date: One of the restrictions in place with performance in mind, is a date restriction to return results, you must define a date range within a 10-day span.
- Objects: Objects is a grouping of data based on system components, the available selections listed below are used to identify the data that has been created, updated, or deleted. Each object is further broken down to include search filters as shown below:
User, Job, Location, Organization, User Type, Supervisor, Security Role
User, Competency Role, Competency
Competency Group, Competency
Competency Role, Competency
Assessment Rule, Competency Assignment Rule
Experience Scale, Proficiency Scale
Security Filter, Security Role
Job, Location, Organization
- Actor: The final filter option is to define the actor who performed an action
- As a requirement, to perform an audit, the Date range is mandatory, and you must define either an object or an actor. If an object is selected, you do not have to go down to the level to specify a filter, you can just select the initial object type. If you click the Get Audit Data button prior to selecting the minimum requirement, you will receive a pop-up message stating “You must select at least one filter object or actor”.
- Additional Options
- There are 2 additional options available to modify the output
- Actions - Select whether you want to return Create, Update, or Delete. The actions default to all selected, but you can restrict if you are only interested in results where new objects are created for example.
- Level of Detail - The second option is to define the level of detail. The output will display either a high-level or detailed report. The high level will only indicate: Action, Object, Key 1, Key 2, Time, and Actor, while the detailed report will also include the Attribute, Before, and After. The high-level report could be used to identify which objects an actor created/updated on a certain date, while the detailed report could identify the specific attribute changes the actor conducted for each object.
- As stated above, the output for the audit workbench report include:
- Action - (Create, Update, or Delete)
- Object - (System object)
- Key 1 - (Primary Object identifier, ex. User, Competency, etc.)
- Key 2 - (Secondary Object identifier, when applicable, ex. For User Competency Role, key1 = user, key2 = role)
- Time - (Timestamp for the performed action)
- Attribute - (What component was changed/created/deleted in the object)
- Before - (Value for the attribute before the action)
- After - (Value for the attribute after the action)
- Actor - (Name and username of person conducting action)
- Download Audit Data: We have included a download button which will allow you to save the audit results in CSV format.
- The intent of this functionality is to provide a front-end component to identify active and inactive users with matching attributes and facilitate a merging of records. There have been ad-hoc requests to consolidate the records of user a with user b since it was a former employee who was rehired but given a new username for example.
- Security – Navigate to Admin Functions > Security Roles, From the Administration tab, Under User Management, select the settings for Merge User Records.
- Access - To access the Merge User Records functionality, Navigate to Admin Functions > User Management > User, and select Merge Users through the Page Actions drop-down.
- Merging Users
- Step 1
- Merge Based on - The first step of the Merge User process is to identify the unique identifier which could have duplication. The options are:
- Personnel ID
- Alternate User ID
- Attributes to Merge - The next step is to define what attributes will transfer from one user to another when matching users. The options include:
- User Metadata (Locations, Organizations, Jobs, Competency Roles, User Types)
- User Security
- User Relationships
- Assessment History
- Assessor History
- Once the selections have been made, click on the Find Users button to run the search
- Step 2
- Compare results and select target user - This section will identify any users with matching attributes based on the selection in Step 1. Inactive users are identified with an expired status icon while active users are identified with a green check mark. Clicking on the User’s name will open a pop-up business card view with additional HR attribute information about the user
- There are two columns in Step 2, Merge Data From and Target User. Clicking on the arrow on the user’s card in the Merge Data From column will move it to the Target User column and vice versa. The user in the Target User column will receive the selected attributes identified in Step 1 from the user within the Merge Data From column.
- Once you have identified which users to merge, select the Run Merge button
- Upon completion, the Merged user (the one in Merge Data From column) will be ‘Deleted’, meaning he/she will no longer appear in the User table either under active or inactive records.
- Note: Kahuna makes use of a “soft” delete functionality, meaning there is an Is Deleted flag on the record, which prevents it from displaying on the front end, but is still accessible from the back end if there was a need to revert any changes made in error.
- Added the functionality to Launch a development plan from the Role Predictor based on your gaps for the Competencies in the selected Role.
- When results display for Role Predictor, on a specific Role, select Launch Development Plan from the drop-down list, this will open a slide over with a new development plan, pre-populated based on your gaps for the selected role
- With the addition of the Workforce Planning module to the Talent finder, we introduced the ability to launch the results directly without having to edit the template each time. We have now updated the Traditional Talent finder with the same functionality
- On the Traditional Talent Finder Grid view, there is a launch icon on the far right, that when clicked will launch the results of the template. We have included a ‘Full Edit’ button that will allow any changes to be made to the template
- Smart filters build upon the Workforce Planning module of the talent finder. Within the results of a WFP template, you had the ability to manage filters, i.e. create a filter based on the results of a requirements block. With this build, we have enabled the use of those filters in the My Filters, Team Matrix Tools, and Reporting
- To enable the use of Smart Filters, navigate to Admin Functions > Configuration > Settings > Features Tab, and select the Use Smart Filters component
- Create Smart Filter:
- Within Talent Finder, run a Workforce Planning Results view, above the requirements blocks, select the Manage Filters icon. Define a name, select a requirement block, and specify whether to include suggested users. Once complete, click the Add filters button, you will see the results along with a preview of the specified users.
- Selecting Smart Filter:
- Within Home Page Analytics or Team Matrix tools, if you select the Smart Filters icon above the search bar (flame icon), the search will switch to a drop-down list selection of created smart filters, grouped by Workforce Planning names. Once you select the object, click the Add button to add the filter prior to launching/submitting.
- For the Report Generator, select the smart filter from the drop-down and click the Load button, which will populate the standard filter bar with the applicable users.
- We have added a system lock functionality to User Competency Role. This allows locked roles to remain assigned to the users, even if they no longer meet assignment rule criteria.
- Enabling System Lock - We have included this functionality in the following screens:
- User Competency Assignment Screen
- User Admin Screen
- Assignment Matrix
- User Competency Role Import Template
- For the in-system methods, system locking the role is enabled by clicking the lock icon. When a role is locked, the icon appears as a closed lock, and an open lock when disabled.
- We have included a role history view to the Individual’s Status Overview tab. This visualizes the entire role history for the user, including start and end dates active vs inactive roles, and total compliance percentage reached
- Security – Admin Functions > Security > Security Role, settings added under Myself > Individual Profile > Role History and My Team > Employee Profile > Role History to enable visualization for myself or users in my purview respectively.
- We have updated the Competency admin screen to include the ability to mass inactivate competency objects as well as the current mass delete functionality.
- We have included an Active column as part of the Competency import which will allow for mass inactivation of competencies through import.
- Note: This will require the new ‘Active’ field to include on of the possible values: Yes, Y, True, T, Active, 1 (anything else will be taken as No).
User Assessment Import Update
- Updated the User Assessment import template to include Proficiency Level and User Proficiency Level columns
- This facilitates the ease of assessment import, if you do not want to go down to the lower level of detail of the user assessment rating template, you can select the proficiency level reached from the self assessment and assessor assessment, which will populate all rating elements up to and including that level.
- User Competency Learning Resource report added to the daily cached report list
- User report includes competency type filter object
- Competency Requirements report displays expiration and critical/safety critical requirements
- Both versions of Competency Role Requirements reports indicate optional vs required rating elements
- Performance improvement for individual profile load time
- Changing name of group object would affect role object
- Proficiency levels were unable to be deleted
- Ensure minimum required rating element per proficiency level was enforced in the role mapping screen when setting optional vs required rating elements
- Assignment Matrix fix to allow searching for competencies or roles even if not currently assigned to reports (direct or all) of current user
- Service log fix to visualize latest recalc action
- Fix to resolve active/inactive radio buttons on Competency admin screen
- Align competency roles in the Security filter visualizations of Competency role filters
- Fix for Import History sorting based on timestamp
- Updating competency to another competency group no longer removes rating elements
- Team matrix fix to display only those competencies actively assigned to the user
- Update to User Security grid search to include Personnel ID as a search criterion
- Fix to Competency Role Requirements report to display all rating elements per proficiency level
- Fixed an issue where Gap Analysis report Training column displayed incorrect information
- Fix to Organization Compliance by User report to display expiration counts
- Fix to User Assessment History to correctly indicate required vs optional rating elements based on Competency Role
- Fix to User report to comma separate several columns to accommodate multiple relationships
- Fix to multiple Reports to display html formatting where applicable
- Fix to Development plan Report- now restricting results based on user security
- Fix to Compliance Report counts
- Fixed missing filter on Competency Role Requirements report
- Fix to ensure analytic counts accurate
- Fix to resolve Team Matrix tools filter saving issue
- IE11 missing analytic icons fix
- Fix to Workforce Planning gridview freeze
- Fix to Questionnaire Status issues