Assessment Form: The mobile assessment form was built to mirror that of the web application, but creates too much noise and it is unclear on what the assessor needs to do when they log in. With the new version of the assessment form, we have moved the rating elements to the top of the Individual’s competency screen, and consolidated the comments, learning resources
Competency Search: In the previous mobile version, after selecting a user to assess from the Team Matrix, the assessor was dropped on a status screen where they were able to select from a group of statuses where the appropriate competency was located. (But in a lot of cases, the user did not know the current status of the competency.) After this update, the assessor will now be dropped on an Individual Profile page where they can either select a status, or search for the specific competency they are interested in.
Accessing multiple environments using the Production App: In the past, we used the Namua app for testing in the Beta environment. With this release, we have enabled functionality that will allow you to access all environments from one application.
Enablement: All enhancements will be turned on by default.
*Please Note: Due to the nature of the iOS deploy process, there could be a delay in seeing these changes after the production release. We anticipate everything being visible no later than April 30.
User Self-Rating Visualization on Progress Bar
This update is in support of a user led assessment process, where the emphasis of the assessment is placed on the end user to self-rate, and the supervisor/assessor’s role is to quickly validate those ratings. This feature allows the supervisor/assessor to quickly see the proficiency level selected by the employee during the self-assessment process.
Enablement: Admin Functions >> Client Company Settings >> Features >> Enable “Use Self Rating for Pending Status Bubbles” >> Save
Notification when All Assessments have been completed
For those organizations who want the manager/assessor to validate once all competencies have been completed for a role, rather than on an individual basis, a notification has been added which triggers once all competencies in a role have a completed self-assessment. Once the assessor clicks on the notification, they are taken to the individual profile page, where only those pending self-assessments are shown.
Enablement: Admin Functions >> Client Company Settings >> Notifications>> Enable Web and or Email “Role Self Assessments Completed” >> Save
*assumes notifications are already configured
Workbook Updates to allow for Simplified Experience
Updates have been made to streamline the workbook experience and allow for a simplified user experience. When enabled, the manager/assessor will be able to ‘agree’ with self-assessment, rather than selecting their own rating from the drop down. A change to the UI also makes it easier for the end user to launch into a quick view of associated attachments, expand the competency to find additional details, and if enabled, allow the manager/assessor to quickly see the user’s self-rating in the Expected Proficiency area.
Enablement: Admin Functions >> Client Company Settings >> Features >> Enable “Use Workbook Confirm Self-Assessment?” AND “Use Workbook Confirm Self-Assessment?” >> Save
Development Plans (BETA)
In the past, development plans have not been tied to the assessment form. When a user completes a plan, they must start a different process for assessment. With this release, we will tie the development plan and the assessment together, making for a more streamlined experience.
Enablement: Admin Functions >> Client Company Settings >> Features >> Enable “Use New Development Plans
*Please Note: Once you have transitioned to the new development plans, you will no longer be able to access the Old Development Plan Template.
Web Service/API updates
GET All Users - Additional data elements
This update includes additional data related to the user such as location, job, org, etc., as part of the GET call
POST Translations Web Service
This update allows the update of competency, competency group, competency role or rating element objects to apply translations
GET Rating Elements - Include language parameter
This update allows the GET call to apply localization to only get records which have translation applied in selected language
Web Service Deadlocks - Queuing Logic
This update would apply a Queuing logic to all web service calls to ensure that multiple files are not processed simultaneously to prevent multiple files accessing the same object table and forcing a deadlock situation
GET Competency Roles - Include Status parameter
This update allows the GET call to default to only active objects with the ability to filter on inactive if needed.
Enablement: Standard Web Service Enablement Guide can be found here https://hulahelp.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360030800832-Production-Release-July-20-2019
Grace Period Updates
Point in Time Grace Period Type: The Point in Time functionality will allow organizations to define specific date for grace period to expire. This will allow more control over impact of new competencies on current assignments without impacting future populations
Development Cascade Update: Intent of update is to allow more control over how development competencies/grace period are associated to a person. Grace period on a competency can be defined at different levels, where the most specific User Competency combination takes precedence. Each level down the ‘waterfall’ overrides the higher level.
- Grace Period can be set on the competency (default grace period)
- Grace period can be set when mapping competencies to competency roles
- Grace Period can be set when assigning competency roles to users either manually or through rules
*This will no longer be included in this release. Plan is to release in late 2020.
- Grace period can be sent when assigning competencies directly to users either manually or through rules
*This will no longer be included in this release. Plan is to release in late 2020.
Enablement: Company Setting
Admin Functions > Configuration > Settings > Features Tab > Enable Use Development Competencies?
Logical Assessor Pool
Prior to this update, a daily process triggered the Logical Assessor Pool (LAP) recalculations. When updates were made that would cause changes to the assessor pool, the organization would have to either trigger a manual refresh or must wait for the daily update. With this enhancement, the LAP recalculations will be updated closer to real time.
Enablement: By Request Only
Reporting & Analytics
User Quiz Group Report: A new report is being released which will allow organizations currently using the quiz feature to drill down within the details of the report to view results at the questionnaire group level.
Enablement: Admin Functions >> Security >> Security Roles >> [Select Role] Edit >> Role Functions >> Reporting and Analytics >> Generate Reports >> Select View “User Quiz Groups” >> Save
Status by Organization Report: A new column has been added to show the number of employees.
User Development Plan Details Report: Updated Start Date & End Date columns to be based on the competency dates instead of plan dates.
Access Analytics via Left Hand Navigation: Reporting and Analytics >> Analytics
Enablement: Admin Functions >> Security >> Security Roles >> [Select Role] Edit >> Role Functions >> Reporting and Analytics >> Analytics Dashboard>> Select View setting. Expanding node will allow individual analytic selection per security role.
Competency Dimensions Analytic: View a doughnut chart showing competent and non-competent percentages. Show the percentages based on user, competency, or competency role data.
Time to Competence Analytic: View a bar chart showing the number of days it takes to become competent in a competency role.
Competency Filter: The filter component allows users to display analytics based on defined competency criteria. The filter criteria will be applied to all applicable analytics.
Enablement: On by default
- When editing Development Plans (v1), existing competencies were no longer appearing. With the release, that issue has been resolved.
- The SFTP assessment attachment process was not applying to 'Learning Item' Assessment Method competencies prior to this fix.
- Role compliance percentage was not being updated when a competency expires.
- Detailed results returned with the competency role completion analytic did not respect the filters that had been applied.
- User Learning History Report should no longer be launched from the Learning Consumption analytic
- Fixed import logic on question groups that was causing some items to be excluded or not created
- Resolved Resume Builder bug that was not retaining status filters
- When confirming self-assessment, confirmation message on submit was not considering those ‘Agree’ check boxes that had been selected
- When confirming self-assessment and submitting the workbook, status did not update on previous assessment
- In IE11, Current vs Expected column spacing has been updated
- User tiles are no longer misaligned on the Assignment Matrix. Previously, when you expanded the competencies section the alignment was off.
- Option to Edit and Delete Development Plans (v1) are no longer being pushed off the page.
- Fixed Web Service API key expiration logic
- Get Competency & Get Competency Roles API calls will only return active custom field relationships
- Resolved Get User Assessment API timeout issue
- Resolved translation issues in Competency Details and Competency Role Details slide-overs
- Bi-Directional Learning Resource Equivalency will now create completion records as intended
- Proficiency level reached should display correctly on assessment form’s date selection component
- User Development Plan Details report should no longer display duplicate rows based on tasks
- Development Plan launch should only display active tasks
*Notes last updated 5/11/2020