The quiz functionality has been expanded to give administrators the ability to allow users to retake quizzes. When a retake has been triggered, the user’s previous quiz results will be archived and all current user answer records for that quizzes questions will be cleared, which will give the user the ability to launch a fresh quiz and submit new answers for every question. Quiz retakes can be triggered in 3 ways:
- End-User Driven Retake – The user can initiate a retake by navigating to the quiz record on their individual profile, if they haven’t yet reached the retake limit for that specific quiz. Note that the admin can specify the number of retakes allowed per quiz, and that this option is only available if the admin has configured the quiz to allow for user-initiated retakes.
- Admin Driven Retake (Locked Quizzes) – The administrator can initiate a retake for either individuals or groups of users through the “Locked Quizzes” page. The retake can be triggered via the actions dropdown at the top of the window, or by clicking the pencil icon on an individual locked quiz record on the right-hand side of the screen.
- Admin Driven Retake (Quiz Details) – If an administrator has made changes to a quiz and needs to trigger a retake for all users that have the quiz assigned, the admin will have the ability to initiate a retake through the “Quiz Details” page.
Assessor Visibility into User Quiz Results
Assessors, Supervisors, and other permissioned users are now able to view individual quiz results for users that fall within their purview. To access a user’s quiz results, navigate to that user’s profile, click on the “Quiz” tab, and then click the Results button for the quiz of interest.
Mass exemption mode in the assessment matrix empowering users to quickly mark multiple user competency assignments as exemption (or quick remove exemption). Empowering admins, and manager (+) to curate broad ‘global’ roles assigned to their teams to focus on local need.
- Mass exempting via the Assignment Matrix. Mode enabled, and selecting with user competency assignments to exempt
Enablement: Admin Functions >> Client Company Settings >> Features>> Enable “Mass Exempt via Assignment Matrix” >> Save
Skill points enabled program managers to incentivize and gamify skill/ competency development. Points values can be assigned to skill/ competency proficiency levels, essentially weighting the importance/ business value of skill. Users will then accumulate points with each completed assessment
- Adding points values to each proficiency level for a competency
- Users current points total shown on their business card
- User Points Details report showing both high-level user points achievement, as well as the underlying details when expanded
- Enable feature
- Admin function >> Client Company Settings >> Features >> Enable “Use Point Based Development” >> Save
- Add user points total to business card
- Admin Functions >> Client Company Settings >> Self Service >> Select Check Box Next to “Points” >> Save
Mobile Filters: Users no longer need to create a separate set of filters on their mobile device. With this release, filters created via the web are now available via the mobile device.
Administrators now have the ability to enable a new notification type that will help alert users to assessments that may have stalled in their progression through the assessment workflow. This feature will automatically push a notification to a workflow actor if an assessment’s status has not changed after a set period of time (which the admin can define on the company settings page):
- If the assessment status = “Not Assessed”, the end-user is notified
- If the assessment status = “Pending”, the assessor is notified
- If the assessment status = “Not Yet Competent”, the end-user and assessors are notified
Enablement: Admin Functions >> Configuration >> Company Settings >> Notifications
Note: this will be held back from the Prod deployment on 11/7/2020. A future release date will be provided. This was included in the 11/21/2020 Post Deployment Release.
Learning Resource Icon: Learning Resources will now display the Learning Resource Type Icon next to the completion status.
Experience Element Drop Down: With this release, the experience element drop down will only display those elements that have been mapped to the competency being included. If no experience has been mapped, nothing will be displayed.
Mass assessments can now be configured through the company settings to customize features between My Assessments, Individual Workbook, and Team Workbook. This allows for specific features on each page and customization between pages depending on client preferences.
Enablement: Company Settings> Features> Workbooks
Expired competencies will reflect the consistent yellow color of the status icon. Additionally, the visualization on the proficiency toggle will represent a yellow circle for all expired competencies.
Experience Web Services: Including the Experience Web Services will allow customers to integrate external systems to automate the collection of experience related metadata. In addition to inbound calls to collect data, the outbound 'GET' calls will allow customers to extract experience data from Kahuna.
Web Service Portal Updates:
- Visibility into Web Service POST Transactions: Request Payload and JSON Response messages available for review
- Retrigger Transactions - If any service calls fail, providing ability to process the payload again
- Visibility of Service Transaction ID in Import History - ability to correlate Web Service Portal Transactions based on the ID within the Import History Details
Report Generator Development Toggle: We’ve added a development checkbox in the report generator filters section that allows you to run reports for development competencies. This feature will also be applicable to the subscription reports. The report title will include “-Development” in the title when the toggle is applied.
Impacted reports when toggle is applied:
- Compliance Detail by Competency, Competency Compliance, Workflow Stage, User Assessments, now have a “Development Competency” column
- User Assessments will show Grace Period End Date for the development competencies
- User Compliance now has “Development Competency Percentage” column
Report Sharing: Most of our system administrators and some of our managers have to run a competency status/ progress/ value report of a regular cadence. This might include running a standard Kahuna report, exporting to excel, manipulating, and slicing the report, to then share with peers & executives. Report Sharing will enable these users to create this report (with any applicable filters), add it to a subscription, and share with the distribution list once.
- Sharing subscribed report with all users with the Manager security role
- Please note: For phase 1 no security filters are being applied once the report is shared. If I share a global report with a local manager, they will see all data in the report, it will not further filter down to their specific purview
Role Analyzer Analytic: New analytics set for understanding competency role progress, and geographic distribution
- Competency Role Analyzer with specific filter applied. The area for each heatmap segment is based on aggregated compliance % (0-100%). The stacked bar chart then distributed these values over the related locations. The two progress bar grids on the right display the underlying user and competency data.
- Competency Role Analyzer with specific location selected, therefore this object is applied to the 3 other visualizations as a filter.
- Enable Competence Expiration Analytic
- Admin Functions >> Client Company Settings >> Analytics >> Enable “Show Competency Role Analyzer?” >> Save
- Add Competency Expiration Analytic to security role
- Admin Functions >> Security >> Security Roles >> Hit edit button (pencil icon) next to applicable Security Role >> Reporting and Analytics >> Expand Analytics Dashboard >> Select Competency Role Analyzer >> Save
- Enable Competence Expiration Analytic
Miscellaneous Reporting Items
- Display Assessor name in User Assessment History Report
- Include Org hierarchy grouping option in Status by Organization report
- Update System Logins report to add date filter capability
- Include names in User Assessor Capability report
- Update User Development Plans and User Development Plan Details reports to include timestamps for comments
Localization/Translation Updates - 11/21/2020
- Enhanced the available extracts for translation templates to include experience and quiz metadata elements
- Included new localization option for Portuguese (Brazil) (pt-BR)
- Various updates to improve performance of My Assessments page.
- Various updates to streamline the Workbook assessment process.
- Ensure assessment attachments are available to download.
- Ensure learning resource slide over displays for development competencies.
- Change Assessment Date Picker issue resolved
- Ensure description visible on assessment form for all assessment methods
- Ensure HTML formatted rating elements display as expected on assessment form
- Ensure completion records based on equivalency are being removed when equivalency is deleted
- Ensure User Learning Resource Import Full Logic is applied correctly
- Ensure proper import error messages for duplicate external ids
- Ensure import error log matches appropriate rows
- Ensure rating element learning resource export template only displays active learning resources
- Various updates to ensure assessor population displays as intended
- Resolved various connectivity issues when during login process
- Resolved redirect error message when navigating into Kahuna on mobile browser
- Ensure character casing appears correctly for translated special characters in mobile app
- Ensure mobile app notifications do not display unintended information
- Ensure filters are applying in My Team view
- Ensure load times for notification types are consistent
- Ensure notification expire as defined in company settings
- Various updates to improve Quiz experience
- Several updates to analytic visualizations to ensure headers and filters are displaying as intended
- Updates to logic to ensure expiration status and associated compliance percentage updates to reflect current status
- Ensure only active assignments return for shift objects in user filter
- Ensure team matrix quick search filter returns results when default filter applied
- Ensure user purview based on Assessor Matrix rules displays correctly
- Ensure security permissions reflect correctly based on defined role
- Ensure static text override export output is consistent for different languages
- Ensure only active object relationships are displaying in the Get Users web service
- Updates to ETL queuing logic for Web Service calls
- Ensure consistency in visualization of Status Overview when using different browsers
11/21/2020 Resolved Issues
- Updated points-based mapping to capture highest proficiency level reached
- Ensure User Competency Experience Web Service triggered Experience recalculation
- Ensure Get User Assessment Web Service returned all assessment statuses as expected
- Ensure User Maintain Web Service Import trigger rule recalculations
- Ensure recalculation logic applying when user no longer meets rule criteria
- Ensure expiration date calculates based on assessment date as expected
- Update to Import transformation logic to ensure processing of web service calls are populating appropriate tables as expected
- Ensure question and answer choices are visible for all questions within quiz
- User Profile performance optimizations conducted
- Ensure Analytics have security role setting to enable/disable per role